Sunday, November 28, 2010
Making Las-Plas Razorbacks
To begin with there are two very easy ways to do this. The first is to simply glue two Plasma Guns together and mount them in one of the small copula spots on the front of the tank. While easy modeling them this way can get you into some trouble at tournaments with WYSIWYG rules since the gun should be attached to the turret for firing purposes etc. Personally if you choose to do that conversion I have no problem with it, during tournaments however I would insist you measure to fire the Plasma Gun from the Turret but I certainly wouldn't dock you comp scores etc for it. The second easy conversion is to simply glue, or in my case, magnetize the TLPG into position in the turret next to the Lascannon. The reason I magnetize mine is because the Las Cannon and TL PG are separate weapon systems and therefore are not destroyed by a single Weapon Destroyed result but two. Ok, enough talk let's get started.
Here is what you'll need.
1. A Razorback Kit (or at least the turret assembly including Las Cannons)
2. 2 Rare Earth magnets
3. 2 Plasma Guns
4. 1 Auspex (with or with out hand)
5. Glue, Scalpel, Hobby Saw, the usual.
1. It fits on just fine with out it.
2. It is part of the same weapon system and therefore cannot be independently destroyed like the TL PG can.
All in all very easy conversions. Here are some more pics of the final product. Hope you find this instructive.